If you are sending out an email marketing campaign, you want to make sure that it is reaching as many people as possible. But sometimes, even if you're sending out an email with the most creative subject line ever, some people just don't open it.
Fortunately, there's an easy way to get back in touch with those recipients who didn't open the first time around: resend the campaign!
When you resend an email campaign, you're sending it out again to everyone who originally received the email but did not open it. Resending emails can lead to more open rates and better conversions.
Segment email non-openers
First, create a segment for contacts who did not open and click the campaign.
- From the sidebar menu, select “Segments”.
- Click “Create Segment” in the upper right corner of the tab.
- Name your segment and add a brief description.
Set the following conditions:
- Did Not Open Email > Subject equals Subject of the email campaign you want to resend to non-openers
- Did Not Click Email > Subject equals Subject of the email campaign you want to resend to non-openers
- Click on the Preview tab to view the contacts that match the rules and filters added.
- Once you are satisfied with your segment, click “Save”.
Duplicate and resend the campaign
Next, duplicate the email campaign and resend it to the non-openers segment created.
- From the sidebar menu, select “Campaigns” > “Delivered”.
- Select the campaign you want to resend and duplicate it.
- Open the duplicate campaign and choose your recipient. Select “Contacts Segment”, and select the non-openers segment you’ve just created.
- Continue with the rest of the steps to create and send your email campaign.
What to consider when resending emails
Resend only the most relevant email campaigns.
Send only those that have the highest impact on your business. You can check how well each campaign is doing by looking at its open rate, click rate, bounce rate, and unsubscribe rate (if applicable).
Choose the timing wisely. Don’t resend an email right away.
You'll need to find the most appropriate time to resend your email. If you send it too soon, most people will think that you're spamming them with duplicate messages. In most cases, resending your email to non-openers after 3 days is a good idea.
Change the subject line and preview the text.
The email's subject line and preview text are critical elements of your content strategy, so it's important to make sure it's relevant and engaging. If you're resending an email, take some time to craft a new subject line that will prompt your readers to open the email. Make sure your message is clear and concise.
Measure the impact.
Once you've resent your email, measure how many people open it and click on it to see if it's driving additional conversions. If too many people are dropping off your list after a resend, it may not be worth it.