Cart abandonment is a common problem in e-commerce, where customers can add items to their carts but then forget to finish the purchase before they leave. It means that your store is losing out on potential revenue from those customers, who may have come back if they'd been reminded about the items they had added to their cart.
Amplified's Cart Recovery flow is designed to help you do just that. It allows you to send messages reminding them of the item they left in their carts. This increases their chances of coming back and completing their purchase.
Cart Recovery flow templates
Amplified has two available cart recovery flow templates for you to choose from.
Cart Recovery Default
Recognized contacts will enter the flow when they add items to the cart but don't complete their purchase and exit when they complete their purchase. This flow will:
- Send an abandoned cart email 4 hours after the cart is abandoned.
- Send a second abandoned cart email and an SMS (if phone number is available) 1 day after the first email.
- Send a third abandoned cart email and a second SMS (if phone number is available) 3 days after the second email/SMS.
Cart Recovery Urgent
As with the Default template, all recognized contacts will enter the Cart Recovery Urgent flow when they add items to the cart but don't complete their purchase and exit when they complete their purchase. It differs only in the times and types of notifications it triggers and receives. This flow will:
- Send an email 4 hours after a cart is abandoned.
- Send an SMS 8 hours after the first email.
- Send a follow-up email 12 hours after the SMS.
How to Set Up Cart Recovery Flow
To set up your Cart Recovery flow, you can start from one of our available templates and modify them as you go.
- In Amplified's Flows Library, select one of two Cart Recovery templates.
- On the flow you have chosen, click Preview Flow.
- Add a name for your Flow and select Create Flow from this Template.
- Modify the Actions and Messages you want to send your customers. Learn more about how to do it in this article: Flow Builder | Drag-and-drop automation editor.
- After setting up your Cart Recovery Flow, set the channels to Live and enable the toggle button above the flow title.