There are two ways to bulk tag your Amplified contacts.
Tag customers using import and export
The first option is to export and import your contact list into Amplified. To do this, follow the steps we've outlined below:
- From the sidebar menu, select “Contacts”.
- In the Contacts tab, click the drop-down menu next to the Import Contacts button and select “Export Contacts”.
- Enter the email address where you would like your file sent.
- Edit the CSV or XLSX file. Delete any contacts that you don’t want to tag and leave the ones you do.
- In the Tags column, add the tags that you want to assign to the contact. If you want to add multiple tags, separate them with commas.
- Save the file.
- Head back to Amplified and import your contacts.
Add customer tags in Shopify
Another option is to use the "tag" function in Shopify. To do this, simply follow these simple steps:
- From your Shopify admin, click “Customers”.
- Select the customers you want to tag.
- Click More Actions > Add tags.
- Click or add the tags that you want to add.
The tag will automatically sync with Amplified once added to Shopify contacts.